This unique and divine flower makes for a wonderful wind-down tea or herbal blend-in at the end of a stressful day, as its properties are thought to help soothe both the body and the mind. Grown, harvested and shade-dried at an organic co-op in Thailand, our PREMIUM and PURE Nymphaea caerulea petals and flowers are versatile and have been used in a multitude of ways to enhance one's state of being for centuries.
- Loose by the ounce: available in .5oz, 1oz, 2oz, 4oz, 7oz
- Glass jar with bamboo-style lid: holds ~2oz pre-ground blend [jar label may vary from that shown in photos]
So, what exactly is Egyptian Blue Lotus used for?
- Relaxation and Calmness: Egyptian Blue Lotus is often used for its calming properties. It is believed to promote relaxation, reduce stress, and induce a sense of tranquility. Some people use it to unwind and alleviate anxiety symptoms.
- Mood Enhancement: Egyptian Blue Lotus is associated with mood-enhancing effects. It may help uplift the mood, promote feelings of happiness and well-being, and enhance overall emotional balance. It is sometimes used to support a positive mindset.
- Sleep Aid: Egyptian Blue Lotus has been traditionally used as a sleep aid. It is believed to possess mild sedative properties that can help promote a restful night's sleep. Some people consume it in tea or tincture form before bedtime to support relaxation and improve sleep quality.
- Aphrodisiac Effects: Egyptian Blue Lotus has a historical reputation as an aphrodisiac. It is believed to enhance libido, stimulate sexual desire, and promote intimate experiences. It is sometimes used to support sexual wellness and pleasure.
- Anti-inflammatory and Antioxidant Properties: Egyptian Blue Lotus is believed to have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. It contains compounds that may help reduce inflammation in the body and combat oxidative stress, potentially supporting overall health and well-being.
Can I smoke Egyptian Blue Lotus?
Smoking Egyptian Blue Lotus is one way people have historically consumed this plant for its psychoactive effects. Here's a brief overview of how it was traditionally smoked and its effects:
- The dried flowers or petals of the blue lotus were commonly used for smoking. These dried parts of the plant were crushed or broken into smaller pieces to make them suitable for smoking.
- The crushed or broken blue lotus material was typically smoked in a pipe, often a water pipe or hookah. Some reports suggest that it was also mixed with other herbs or substances before smoking.
- When smoked, blue lotus is reported to produce mild psychoactive effects. These effects are often described as relaxing, calming, and mildly euphoric.
- Users have reported a sense of tranquility, enhanced mood, and sometimes heightened sensory perception.
- It's important to note that the psychoactive effects of blue lotus are generally considered mild compared to other substances.
- As mentioned earlier, blue lotus had significant cultural and religious importance in ancient Egypt. It was used in various rituals and ceremonies, and its psychoactive properties were believed to aid in spiritual experiences and connection with the divine.
- In ancient Egypt, it was not just smoked but also consumed as a tea or infused in wine for ceremonial and recreational purposes.
How do I use Egyptian Blue Lotus?
- Tea: Add 1-3tsp of pre-ground lotus to a teabag, add to 6-8oz hot water and steep for 7-10 minutes. Use more or less herb for a stronger or lighter cup. Add milk, honey, agave, or lemon to taste.
- Smoke: Many of our customers choose to roll or pack this herb with other smokable herbs. It is also common to roll or pack this herb on its own, however we have found that it burns more consistently when combined with other herbs. This herb, in its crushed and whole form, does not grind well in a traditional hand-held grinder. For this reason, we offer this herb pre-ground for those looking to use it for smoking purposes.
- Soak: Add this herb to the bath for a sensational relaxing experience. We recommend/prefer Whole Egyptian Blue Lotus for soaking because the whole flowers bloom so beautifully and really add to the serene experience.
Is Egyptian Blue Lotus really psychoactive?
Yes, blue lotus (Nymphaea caerulea) is considered mildly psychoactive. The psychoactive effects of blue lotus are relatively mild compared to many other psychoactive substances, and they can vary from person to person.
It's important to note that the psychoactive effects of blue lotus are generally considered to be subtle and gentle. They are not typically associated with intense hallucinations or altered states of consciousness like those caused by more potent psychoactive substances. The effects are often described as relaxing and mood-enhancing rather than mind-altering.
The psychoactive properties of blue lotus are attributed to various alkaloids found in the plant, including aporphine and nuciferine. However, the precise mechanisms of action and the overall safety profile of blue lotus are not well-researched compared to some other psychoactive substances.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
• Does this contain any additives?
No! Organic Egyptian Blue Lotus (Nymphaea caerulea) is the ONLY ingredient in our product. In fact, none of our products contain any additives of any sort
• Will this show up on a test?
No! Egyptian Blue Lotus is an organic herb, not tested for by drug tests
• Does Urbll offer free shipping?
Yes, we offer free domestic shipping on orders over $50! Simply use code SHIP50 at checkout
• How long does shipping take?
We currently have a processing and handling time of 1-3 business days. Business days are Monday-Friday. We typically ship most orders using USPS Ground Advantage, which takes 2-5 business days. Once your order has shipped, you will receive an email with your tracking number. Please allow at least 48 hours for your tracking number to update
• Do you accept cancellations?
Due to the nature of our small business, and due to the fact that our products are made in small batches and are often made-to-order, we are unable to accept cancellations. Please be absolutely sure that you are happy with your cart before placing your order with us
• Do you accept returns?
We are unable to accept returns of opened items. In the case that you'd like to return an unopened item, please let us know within 3 days of receiving your item. Return shipping is the sole responsibility of the buyer. We are unable to refund original shipping costs, and a 15% restocking fee will be applied to all returned items
This glass jar with twist-on bamboo-style lid holds ~2oz pre-ground Egyptian Blue Lotus
We are a family-run, woman-owned business that is dedicated to bringing our incredible customers top-quality herbs at a quick turnaround. We hand-craft a variety of herbal products and blends, all carefully curated by our plant-biologist and herbalist founder. All herbs we carry and use to craft our blends are 100% organic, pesticide-free, additive-free, and ethically and sustainably sourced
- Follow us on Instagram + TikTok @urbll_ to participate in our monthly giveaways and to stay in-the-know on flash sales and new product drops!
- Sign up for our newsletter at urbll.com for a second monthly drawing. Winner is notified via email on the 2nd of each month!
- Follow us on the Etsy app to be notified when we post a new product or run a sale there, although you'll always find our lowest prices here at urbll.com
Please remember, herbal medicine is not one-herb-fits-all, as each herb may affect everyone differently. It’s important to educate yourself thoroughly about any herbs and their potential contraindications before adding them to your herbal regimen. The information provided on this listing is for educational purposes only. We ask that you please consult your physician about any medical concern you may have. These products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration; therefore, we cannot claim to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.